Prof. Murali Subbarao, Ph.D.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Stony Brook University
State University of New York
Stony Brook, NY 11794-2350, USA
Phone: (631) 632-8405
E-mail: murali.subbarao at stonybrook.edu
Digital Image Processing
PATENTS ON 3D MEDICAL IMAGING
- M. Subbarao, �Method and Apparatus for High-Sensitivity Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography�, US Patent No. 8008625, Date 08/30/2011 [Download PDF format file].
- M. Subbarao, �Field Image Tomography for Magnetic Resonance Imaging�, US Patent No. 8,378,682 B2, Date 02/19/2013 [Download PDF format file].
- M. Subbarao, "Methods and Apparatuses for 3D Magnetic Density Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Imaging", US Patent No. 8,456,164 B2, Date 06/04/2013. [Download PDF format file].
Ph.D. Dissertations Supervised
1. Dr. Lu, Ming-Chin PhDThesisMCL
2. Dr. Choi, TaeSun PhDThesisTSC
3. Dr. Wei, Tse-Chung PhDThesisTCW
4. Dr. Surya, Gopal PhDThesisGS
5. Dr. Tyan, Jenn-Kwei PhDThesisJKT page 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 �
6. Dr. Liu, Yen-Fu PhDThesisYFL
7. Dr. Yuan, Ta PhDThesisTY
8. Dr. Lin, Huei-Yung PhDThesisHYL
9. Dr. Soon-Yong Park PhDThesisSYP
10. Dr. Tao Xian PhDThesisTX
11. Dr. Xue Tu PhDThesisXueTu
12. Dr. Youn-Sik Kang PhDThesisYounsikKang
13. Dr. Shekhar Sastry PhDThesisShekharSastry
Dr. Muralidhara (Murali) Subbarao is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at
. His teaching and research interests are Computer Vision, Digital Image Processing, and 3D Medical Imaging. He is the inventor of several techniques in 3D medical imaging. He is also the inventor of the Depth-from-Defocus technique that uses arbitrarily defocused images (without requirement of any focused image) for three-dimensional shape recovery. He obtained a B. Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Stony Brook University Madras, and an M.S. and a Ph.D., both in Computer Science, from the Universityof Marylandat . He has been a Principal Investigator of research grants from both industry and the National Science Foundation. He has authored one book, published over 50 papers in professional journals and conferences, and is the sole-inventor on 9 College Park patents with 4 of them licensed to industry. Over a dozen students have completed their Ph.D. theses under his supervision. He was a principal member and the Chief Computer Scientist of a start-up company for online image management in 2000-2001. U.S.