71. A. A. Grinberg, S. Luryi, M. Pinto, and N. L. Schryer, "Space-charge-limited current in a film", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 36, pp. 1162-1170 (1989).
70. A. A. Grinberg and S. Luryi, "Electron transmission across an interface of different one-dimensional crystals", Phys. Rev. B 39, pp. 7466-7475 (1989).
69. S. Luryi, "Coherent versus incoherent resonant tunneling and implications for fast devices", Superlattices and Microstructures 5, pp. 375-382 (1989).
68. S. Luryi, "Electronic devices using
multilayered structures", in Physics, Fabrication and
Applications of Multilayered Structures, ed by P. Dhez, NATO
ASI Series [Physics] B 182, pp. 241-270 (Plenum Press,
V. F. Gantmakher, Y. B. Levinson, A. A.
Grinberg, and S. Luryi, "Carrier
Scattering in Metals and Semiconductors" (review), Physics Today 41 (1), pp. 84-85 (1988).
67. S. Luryi, "Fast switching with novel diodes", Nature 336, pp. 515-516 (1988).
66. N. Lifshitz, S. Luryi, and T. T. Sheng, "Quantum size effect in polysilicon gates", Mater. Res. Soc. Sym. Proc. 106, pp. 45-50 (1988).
65. A. A. Grinberg and S. Luryi, "Theory of the photon drag effect in a two-dimensional electron gas", Phys. Rev. B 38, pp. 87-96 (1988). [First experimenatl confirmation is by A. D. Wieck, H. Sigg, K. Ploog, "Observation of resonant photon drag in a two-dimensional electron gas", Phys Rev Lett. 64, pp. 463-466 (1990)]
64. F. Beltram, F. Capasso, S. Luryi, S. -N. G. Chu, A. Y. Cho, and D. L. Sivco "Negative transconductance via gating of the quantum well subbands in a resonant tunneling transistor", Appl. Phys. Lett. 53, pp. 219-221 (1988).
63. S. Luryi, "Quantum capacitance devices", Appl. Phys. Lett. 52, pp. 501-503 (1988).
62. S. Luryi, "Possibility of a direct observation of the time evolution in heterostructure barrier tunneling", Solid State Commun. 65, No. 8, pp. 787-789 (1988).
61. S. Luryi and S. M. Sze, "Possible device applications of silicon molecular beam epitaxy", (book chapter) in Silicon Molecular Beam Epitaxy, ed. by E. Kasper and J. C. Bean, Vol. 1, Chap. 8 (CRC Uniscience Press, Inc., 1988) pp. 181-240.
60. N. Lifshitz, S. Luryi, and T. T. Sheng, "Influence of the grain structure on the Fermi level in polycrystalline silicon: a quantum size effect ?", Appl. Phys. Lett. 51, pp. 1824-1826 (1987).
59. S. Luryi, "Photon-drag effect in intersubband absorption by a two-dimensional electron gas", Phys. Rev. Lett. 58, pp. 2263-2266 (1987).
58. S. J. Hillenius and S. Luryi, "Integration of GeSi epitaxial detectors in CMOS process", AT&T Bell Laboratories Technical Memorandum 52111-870706-14TM, 16 pages, July 1987.
57. A. A. Grinberg and S. Luryi, "Exchange and correlation effects on screening in two-dimensional electron gas", Phys. Rev. B36, pp. 7638-7641 (1987).
56. S. Luryi, "Hot-electron-injection and resonant-tunneling heterojunction devices", (book chapter) in Heterojunctions: Band Discontinuities and Device Applications, ed. by F. Capasso and G. Margaritondo (Elsevier Science Publishers, 1987) Chap. 12, pp. 489-564.
55. S. Luryi, "The percolation approach to the quantum Hall effect", in High Magnetic Fields in Semiconductor Physics, ed. by G. Landwehr, Springer Series in Solid State Sciences, vol. 71, pp. 16-27 (Springer-Verlag, 1987).
54. A. A. Grinberg, A. Kastalsky, and S. Luryi, "Theory of hot electron injection in CHINT/NERFET devices", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-34, pp. 409-419 (1987).
53. A. A. Grinberg and S. Luryi, "Space-charge limited current and capacitance in double-junction diodes", J. Appl. Phys. 61, pp. 1181-1189 (1987).
52. C. Y. Chang, W. C. Liu, M. S. Jame, Y. H. Wang, S. Luryi, and S. M. Sze, "Induced base transistor fabricated by molecular beam epitaxy", IEEE Electron Device Lett. EDL-7, pp. 497-499 (1986).
51. G. E. Derkits, M. Fritze, J. P. Harbison, J. Levkoff, and S. Luryi, "Anomalous temperature dependence of current-voltage characteristics in AlGaAs/W/GaAs diode structures with floating metal layers", AT&T Bell Laboratories Technical Memorandum 52111-860411-01TM, 10 pages, April 1986.
50. E. Suhir and S. Luryi, "Critical layer thickness for pseudomorphic growth of lattice mismatched epitaxial layers of variable composition", AT&T Bell Laboratories Technical Memorandum 52111-860307-01TM, 11 pages, March 1986.
49. S. Luryi and E. Suhir, "A new approach to the high-quality epitaxial growth of lattice-mismatched materials", Appl. Phys. Lett. 49, pp. 140-142 (1986).
48. S. Luryi and F. Capasso, "Resonant tunneling devices and optoelectronic Ge/Si superlattice structures", in Two-Dimensional Systems: Physics and New Devices, ed. by G. Bauer, F. Kuchar, and H. Heinrich (Springer Series in Solid State Sciences 67, Springer-Verlag, 1986) pp. 140-153.
47. H. Morkoç, J. Chen, U. K. Reddy, T. Henderson, and S. Luryi, "Observation of negative differential resistance due to tunneling through a single barrier into a quantum well", Appl. Phys. Lett. 49, pp. 70-72 (1986); see also reply to comment
46. S. Luryi, T. P. Pearsall, H. Temkin, and J. C. Bean, "Waveguide infrared photodetectors on a silicon chip", IEEE Electron Device Lett. EDL-7, pp. 104-107 (1986).
45. T. P. Pearsall, H. Temkin, J. C. Bean, and S. Luryi, "Avalanche gain in GeSi/Si infrared waveguide detectors", IEEE Electron Device Lett. EDL-7, pp. 330-332 (1986).
44. H. Temkin, T. P. Pearsall, J. C. Bean, R. A. Logan, and S. Luryi, "GeSi strained-layer superlattice waveguide detectors operating near 1.3 µm", Appl. Phys. Lett. 48, pp. 963-965 (1986).
43. W. T. Lynch, J. T. Clemens, L. W.
Nagel, J. A. Michejda, S. Luryi and S. M. Sze, "Laboratory 5211
input to the proposal by the Long Haul Systems study group (6.8
Gb/s)", AT&T Bell Laboratories Technical Memorandum
52111-860827-01TM, 14 pages, August 1986. Extract
Return to the [Publication Record] home page
Return to the [Serge Luryi's] Home Page
Return to the [Faculty] Home Page
Return to the [EE Department] home page