145. Vera Gorfinkel, Serge Luryi, and Boris Gelmont, "Theory of gain spectra for quantum cascade lasers and temperature dependence of their characteristics at low and moderate carrier concentrations", IEEE J. Quant. Electronics 32, pp. 1995-2003 (1996); also Proceedings of 3rd Int. Symp. Compound Semicond., St Petersburg, Russia, Sept 1966 (Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No 155: Chap. 9, pp. 625-628, IOP Publishing, 1997).
144. S. Luryi, "Active Packaging: a New Fabrication Principle for High Performance Devices and Systems", in Future of Microelectronics: Reflections on the Road to Nanotechnology, ed. by S. Luryi, J. M. Xu, and A. Zaslavsky, NATO ASI Series E 323, pp. 35-43, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht (1996).
143 G. L. Belenky, C. L. Reynolds, Jr., R. F. Kazarinov, V. Swaminathan, S. Luryi, and J. Lopata, "Effect of p-doping profile on performance of strained multi-quantum-well InGaAsP/InP lasers", IEEE J. Quant. Electronics 32, pp. 1450-1455 (1996).
142. V. B. Gorfinkel, M. I. Gouzman, S. Luryi, and E. L. Portnoi, "New ideology of all-optical microwave systems based on the use of semiconductor laser as a down-converter", in Future of Microelectronics: Reflections on the Road to Nanotechnology, ed. by S. Luryi, J. M. Xu, and A. Zaslavsky, pp. 385-389, Kluwer Publishers, Amsterdam (1996).
141. S. Luryi and A. Zaslavsky, "Quantum well tunneling devices" in Properties of III-V Superlattices and Quantum Wells, ed. by P. K. Bhattacharya, INSPEC Datareview Series (IEE, London, UK, 1996).
140. Z. S. Gribnikov, S. Luryi, and A. Zaslavsky, "Increased functionality VLSI-compatible devices based on backward-diode floating base Si/SiGe heterojunction bipolar transistors", in Future of Microelectronics: Reflections on the Road to Nanotechnology, ed. by S. Luryi, J. M. Xu, and A. Zaslavsky, pp. 365-370, Kluwer Publishers, Amsterdam (1996).
139. Boris Gelmont, Vera Gorfinkel, and Serge Luryi, "Theory of the spectral lineshape and gain in quantum wells with intersubband transitions", Appl. Phys. Lett. 68, pp. 2171-2173 (1996).
138. M. Y. Frankel, G. L. Belenky, S. Luryi, T. F. Carruthers, M. L. Dennis, A. Y. Cho, R. A. Hamm, and D. L. Sivco, "Carrier dynamics and photodetection in charge injection transistors", J. Appl. Phys. 79, pp. 3312-3317 (1996).
137. Vera Gorfinkel, Boris Gelmont and Serge Luryi, "Gain spectra and temperature characteristics of quantum cascade lasers", Proc. 1995 Int. Workshop on Physics and Computer Modeling of Devices based on Low-Dimensional Structures, ed. by V. Ryzhii, C. Hamaguchi, V. Mitin, and M. Ershov, IEEE Comp. Soc. Press, pp. 94-104.
136. E. L. Portnoi, V. B. Gorfinkel, E. A. Avrutin, I. Thayne, D. A. Barrow, J. H. Marsh, and S. Luryi, "Optoelectronic Microwave-Range Frequency Mixing in Semiconductor Lasers", IEEE J. Select. Top. Quant. Electron. , Vol. 1, pp. 451-460 (1995).
135. A. Frommer, S. Luryi, D. T. Nichols, J. Lopata, and W. S. Hobson, "Direct modulation and optical confinement factor modulation of semiconductor lasers", Appl. Phys. Lett. 67 pp. 1645-1647 (1995); an expanded version in Fiber and Integrated Optics15, pp. 81-88 (1996).
134. M. Mastrapasqua, G. Berthold, C. Canali, S. Luryi, E. Zanoni, M. Manfredi, D. L. Sivco, and A. Y. Cho, "Hot electron luminescence in InGaAs transistor channel", Appl. Phys. Lett. 66, pp. 1376-1378 (1995).
133. V. B. Gorfinkel and S. Luryi, "Fundamental limits for linearity of CATV lasers", IEEE J. Lightwave Technol. 13, pp. 252-260 (1995); also Proceedings of Int. Symp. Compound Semicond. , Sun Diego, Sept 1994 (Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No 141: Chap. 5, pp. 477-482, IOP Publishing, 1995).
132. G. L. Belenky, R. F. Kazarinov, J. Lopata, S. Luryi, T. Tanbun-Ek, and P. A. Garbinski, "Direct measurement of the carrier leakage out of the active region in InGaAsP/InP laser heterostructures", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices TED-42, pp. 215-218 (1995).
131. S. Luryi, "How to make an ideal HBT and sell it too", IEEE Trans. Electron DevicesTED-41, pp. 2241-2247 (1994).
130. S. Luryi, "Active packaging: a new fabrication principle for ultra-high performance components and systems", Proc. International Symp. on Nanostructures: Physics and Technology", Russian Acad. of Sci. (1994) pp. 1-6. Also see AT&T Technical Memorandum 11158-931022-52
129. N. Lifshitz and S. Luryi, "Enhanced channel mobility in thin film transistors", IEEE Electron Device Lett. EDL-15, pp. 274-276 (1994).
128. N. Lifshitz and S. Luryi, "Dependence of the off-state current in polycrystalline silicon thin film on electric field in the channel", Appl. Phys. Lett. 64, pp. 2114-2115 (1994).
127. B. Laikhtman and S. Luryi, "Landauer formula for transmission across an interface", Phys. Rev. B 49, pp. 17,177-17,184 (1994).
126. V. B. Gorfinkel and S. Luryi, "Fast data coding using modulation of interband optical properties by intersubband absorption in quantum wells", in Quantum Well Intersubband Transition Physics and Devices, ed. by H. C. Liu, B. F. Levine, and J. Y. Anderson (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1994) pp. 533-545.
125. G. L. Belenky, A. Kastalsky, S. Luryi, P. A. Garbinski, A. Y. Cho, and D. L. Sivco, "Measurement of the effective temperature of majority carriers under injection of hot minority carriers in heterostructures", Appl. Phys. Lett. 64, pp. 2247-2249 (1994).
124. G. L. Belenky, P. A. Garbinski, P. R. Smith, S. Luryi, A. Y. Cho, R. A. Hamm, and D. L. Sivco, "Microwave performance of top-collector charge injection transistors on InP substrates", Semicond. Sci. Tech. 9, pp. 1215-1219 (1994).
123. C. Tedesco, M. Mastrapasqua, C. Canali, S. Luryi, M. Manfredi, E. Zanoni, D. L. Sivco, and A. Y. Cho, "Impact ionization and real-space transfer of minority carriers in charge injection transistors", IEEE Electron Device Lett. 15, pp. 377-379 (1994).
Return to the [Publication Record] home page
Return to the [Serge Luryi's] home page
Return to the [Faculty] Home Page
Return to the [EE Department] home page